About Me

My photo
Honest, that's me. I'm never gonna change who I am just because of what people think. Carma solves everything in the end, watch out.

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Emotion Memory

After finding out information about the character we then had to feel what the character feels. We do this by relating their lives to theirs. You recall your personal memories and try to replicate how we felt and relive it.

My characters mother has just died and luckily I have never lived through that. But My own mum did recently and I held her and cared for her every night when she cried herself to sleep. Which I also used for when Cara is telling the story of when her dad felt. I can replicate mourning a most beloved one as my cousin who was soo much more like a brother to me died last year. I remember the feeling of utter loss, he was soo young and the greatest person I have ever known. The thought of "why" which makes me cry even now as that was never answered. He was found dead on his bathroom floor, he might have mixed up his medication or committed suicide. The worst thought is that in our catholic family if he did commit suicide then he could be in pain in hell. Even though I am not religious every night I say 20 hail Mary's and 5 farther our lord's in the hope that god hears and see's how much and love him so he sends him to heaven. All I remeber about the next day was feeling soo sick in every fibre of my being. So to get into character I thought very hard about this feeling, how it twist and knots in your stomach all the way to your throat till it actually makes you gag. Cara however tries to hide this feeling initially but when faced with her mothers grave she can't contain the wall any longer and her very raw emotions unravel. In the last line of the monolgue she show's her vunerability when she is crying and begging her mum to give her huggies to make it better. Until the moment when she is just fIlled with anger talking about her dad being at the funeral she represses every feeling. This is shown after she talks about saying good bye she pushes it down and say's how she just came to talk.

By using you feelings to show the characters you achieve a much more truthful and realistic result. When talking about the subject matter of someone dying if you over play it you loos your audience. If you make it seem really then the audience will feel empathy for your character.

No comments:

Post a Comment